AHVAP Discussions are available within Groups that you may be a member of, including SIGs and Committees. You can access the Discussions from your member profile by clicking on Groups in the Community section. Group Discussions are open and accessible only to members of the Group.
Discussions (previously Forums) Overview
Go to the Discussion in the appropriate Group. Each topic under each heading is an individual Discussion. In the example below, you can see that General Discussion and Speaker Corner are individual Discussions under the 2014 Mid-Year Conference heading.
- Select your choice from the Discussion Actions menu (see the example below).
- Subscribe to Instant Updates will send you an email every time someone posts a new question or response.
- Subscribe to Digest will email you a weekly summary of the Discussions posts and responses.
- My Subscriptions & Settings brings you to a summary of all of your Discussion subscriptions and settings.
- RSS will allow you to use an RSS reader for the feed, but will still require a log in.
- Top Posters allows you to see who has been most active on the Discussion.
How Do I Manage My Discussion Settings?
You must first subscribe to a Discussion before you are able to set up your Preferences. Once you've subscribed, just click on My Subscriptions & Settings
from the Discussion Actions menu, or to Discussion Settings
in Manage Profile
Once you are in your Discussion Settings, you can change your options for Weekly Digests or Instant Updates. You can also create a unique signature for your postings within Discussion.
How Do I Post a Question or Response in a Discussion?
Click on the Discussion Topic that you'd like to participate in and click on the "New Topic" or the "Reply" link at the top.
- Edit - You can Edit a posting or response that you've made.
- Report - If you think the post is inappropriate or a violation of ASPR policies, you can Report it.
- Permalink - If you'd like to Bookmark a discussion in a Discussion, you can use the Permalink option and the post will be posted to your "Files and Links" area of your Member Profile.
- Quote - You can Quote someones posting by selecting the Quote option and then post it in a Discussion.
- Search - You are able to use the Search function in the Discussion to search on key words to help you find information you're looking for.
Rating a Discussion Post
You are able to give a "thumbs up" or "thumbs down" rating to a Discussion post. Just click on the icons at the top of the posts. The more "thumbs up" scores a post have, the more stars it will receive.