About the Conference
The 9th Annual Association of Healthcare Value Analysis Professionals (AHVAP) National Educational Conference and Vendor Showcase brought an outstanding program of continuing education, and another great opportunity for Value Analysis professionals to network and exchange ideas.
A sampling of sessions included:
- FDA device classification
- Uncovering hidden savings
- Value analysis primer
- Strategies to help you
- Value-based strategies for PPI and implantable devices
- Placing value on quality systems in CSSDs
- Integration of clinical-based evidence in value analysis
- Vendor showcase - back by popular demand
- Table for eight networking dinner
- The "Wall of Success” – new this year
- Nursing contact hours
- And excellent networking opportunities!
Back by popular demand, the conference included a complete vendor showcase. Add excellent networking opportunities and nursing contact hours and you had the recipe for a program you couldn’t afford to miss!
Thursday, October 25, 2012
Registration and Continental Breakfast
Beth Potter & Melanie Miller
The Building Blocks of AHVAP's Successes: Where we've been and where we're going
Barbara Strain & Nila Getter
Barbara Strain, immediate past president of AHVAP, will provide an overview of AHVAP successes in the past year. Nila Getter, current President of AHVAP, will share the vision for AHVAP for 2013 and beyond.
Success by Association
Learn how to develop leadership skills and further your career while at the same time contributing to the advancement of your profession. It’s easy—if you make the most of your membership in AHVAP. Discover the secrets used by influential Americans who honed their leadership skills while serving their professional organizations.
FDA Device Classification and How it Can Rock Your World
Demystifying the FDA classification and device approval process, understanding the qualifications as a trackable device, and how these factors relate to your healthcare environment.
Lunch and Networking with Vendors
Now That You've Evaluated Your Program...Strategies to Help You Shift into Next Gear
This session will include:
Crucial conversations: physicians, executive staff;
It’s all in your delivery: presentation content, presentation style;
Measuring success: clinical outcomes, operational efficiencies, savings.
PANEL:Drive! Neutral is not an Option
Moderator: Alan Edwards
Panelists: Gloria Graham, Sonja Glass, and Tanya Rice
Value analysis GPS. Lessons learned.
Offers an excellent opportunity for va professionals to connect with global leaders in the healthcare industry. Attend to learn the latest product trends, discover new technologies and services, and secure your business contacts
Table for Eight Member Networking Dinner
Join other AHVAP members for dinner (paid by individual) at a nearby restaurant and expand your network!
Friday, October 26, 2012
Novice: Value Analysis Primer
How to get started in Value Analysis
Expert: Utilization Management: Uncovering the Hidden Savings
Robert Yokl, Jr.
How do we take our Value Analysis Programs to a whole new level of Savings Beyond Price?
Novice: Can Provider Preference Items be Better Guided by Formularies?
Cheryl Berri-Lesh & Danielle Malins
Product formularies help drive substantial savings and create standards for multiple items in a large integrated delivery network.
Expert: Value-based Strategies for PPI and Implantable Devices
Managing implantable devices and other physician preference items used in the perioperative environment can be one of the biggest challenges for value analysis professionals. Price is only part of the equation.
Placing Valu$ on Quality Systems in CSSDs
Patient safety and prevention of hospital-acquired infections should be a desired outcome for all tasks performed in Central Sterile Supply Departments (CSSDs). How to stay cool under the CMS microscope. Learn from actual case studies.
Integration of Clinical-Based Evidence in Value Analysis
Dee Donatelli and Peg Tinker
Learn to identify relevant evidence and explain how to apply clinical evidence in the value analysis process.
- Suzanne Alexander-Vaughn, MBA, Director, Product Management, GHX, Louisville, CO
- Cheryl Berri-Lesh,CMRP, Value Analysis Coordinator, GHC, Olympia, WA
- Cindy Christofanelli, RN, MSN, CMRP, Corporate Director Supply Chain Management, SSM Health Care, St. Louis, MO
- Dee Donatelli, RN, BSN, MBA, CMRP, Fellow, Vice President of Performance Services, VHA, Inc., Irving, TX
- Alan Edwards, Assistant Vice President, Supply Chain Management, Mary Washington Healthcare, Fredericksburg, VA
- David Ewald, BS, MBA, CAE, President and CEO, Ewald Consulting, St. Paul, MN
- Nila Getter, RN, MS, Nursing Product Manager, Kettering Health Network, Miamisburg, OH
- Sonja Glass, RN, BSN, Value Analysis Facilitator, Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center, Winston-Salem, NC
- Gloria Graham, RN, BSN, Clinical Materials Specialist, Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH
- Danielle Malins, CMRP, Materials Management Operations Manager, Group Health, Seattle, WA
- Tanya Rice, RN, BSN, Director of Value Analysis Services, Providence Health & Services, Renton, WA.
- Richard Schule, MBA,BS,FAST,CST,FCS,CRCST,CHMMC,CIC,CHL,AGTS, Director, Clinical Education, STERIS Corporation, Mentor, OH
- Barbara Strain, MA, Director, Supply Chain Analytics & Logistics, Supply Chain Management, University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, VA.
- Peg Tinker, BA, MSA, LAC, LSW, Senior Director, Performance Services, VHA, Phoenix, AZ
- Robert Yokl, Jr., Vice President, Strategic Value Analysis in Healthcare, Skippack, PA
Nursing - Contact Hours
This activity has been submitted to the Arizona Nurses’ Association for approval to award contact hours. The Arizona Nurses Association is accredited as an approver of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Please call Bonnie Young at AHVAP (651-265-7842) for more information about contact hours.