AHVAP is a 501(c)6 organization and may provide scholarships for educational purposes. Three scholarships for the registration fee to attend the AHVAP Annual Conference and Supplier Showcase will be awarded each year to qualifying members. The scholarship includes attendance at educational sessions, the business meeting, and social networking events. It does not include separately priced pre or post sessions.
1. Scholarship award is void where prohibited.
2. The Recipient agrees that AHVAP shall not be responsible for any damages, costs, expenses, or fees that are not expressly provided herein.
3. AHVAP is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, or illegible entries.
4. Once notified of award of a scholarship, the Recipient is responsible for making all travel, hotel, and registration arrangements.
5. In the event the Scholarship award is not claimed within the required time-frame or the award winner is unable to attend the conference, the scholarship will be added to the following year’s conference unless there is sufficient time to select an alternate recipient.
B. Eligibility Requirements:
1. Must be a regular or retired member of AHVAP in good standing. Affiliate members are not eligible.
2. One application per person.
3. Applicants awarded scholarships from the previous two years are not eligible.
4. Priority will be given to applicants who are first-time attendees or new AHVAP regular members in the last 12 months and can prove financial need:
o Currently unemployed OR
o Healthcare organization/Employer does not fund the meeting registration
5. Applicant must complete the following questions:
o Why do you require financial assistance to attend the AHVAP Annual Conference?
o What do you do expect to gain from attending the AHVAP Annual Conference?
6. Letter from Director/Manager establishing financial need or if unemployed,
explanation of financial need.
7. Only completed applications received by the due date will be considered for
C. Selection Criteria:
1. Scholarships will be awarded at the sole discretion of AHVAP.
2. Educational Development Committee will make the selection upon review of the applications.
3. All applicants will be notified 12 weeks prior to the conference date.