AHVAP Members that received their certification in 2015 will soon receive notice for renewal. Certification Renewal FAQs from the handbook, available on-line are:
• Term is 3 years
• Educational Credits required for renewal = 45 hours
• Applicant is required to submit a record of completion of 45 hours of educational credits related to the VA field and/or professional development. Qualifying educational credits must be awarded by a professional crediting body.
• Preparation and presentation of an educational session will be awarded 10 hours of educational credits for each one-hour presentation. Presentations must be at least one hour to be eligible for educational credits. Applicant is required to submit date, time, location and an outline of the presentation. Page 19
• Authoring or being a co-contributor to an article related to the role or skills required of a Value Analysis professional and published in a state or national professional publication will be awarded 5 educational credits for each article. Applicant is required to submit an e-link to the article or include a copy of the article.
• No more than 20 educational credits awarded for presentations or authoring of an article will apply to the total (45) educational credits required for renewal.
• Recertification Fee
o Member $150
o Non-Member $250
The CVAHP Committee, led by Chair, Shannon Candio are working with Meagan Bowker on the renewal communication that will be sent later this year.
Education Documentation TIP
Sue Knapp, Past President advises the record of attendance at AHVAP Webinars and the Annual Conference should have been added to your profile. To review your information or to add educational records from other sources, on the AHVAP Home Page,
· select Manage Your Profile from the Members Only Drop-Down list
· In the Content and Features section, Click on Professional Development
· Review the credits recorded for completeness
· Click on the green plus sign to Add record of attendance at other educational offerings to be included.
· Print a copy of the record to be submitted for renewal.